Pages

Gardens

Gardens
Serenity

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thoughts about Mozart (Cont.)

The City Caravan Park was full of campers, some in tents and others in caravans. Somehow, I managed to get to sleep for a single night and then, the next morning took a bus ride into the city of Cairns. It seemed like a pretty place with many wide streets. There were supermarkets, cafes, hotels, banks and other shops there. I was surprised I had made it to this tourist mecca at all. It was fun wandering around there, I had never seen anything quite like it.
Facing the harbourside there was a long esplanade park and walkway where the quiet water lapped against concrete walls. I bought some meat and other provisions and returned to the caravan park. After I had sojourned at the park for a week or two, meeting some other campers there, I thought I might take a trip up to Port Douglas, about 50 km. or so up the coast. A van which seated eight or so people took me up there and I set up camp at the local council caravan park. I was soon meeting people and it was easy to walk to the township and the harbour of Port Douglas. There was an inexpesive boat cruise out to the Low Isles followed by a salad lunch available so I thought I would go along on that. It was a terrific outing , and once on the Low Isles everyone donned snorkels and flippers and swam around and beneath the ocean, where you could see all sorts of tropical fish and exotic marine life. I was astounded at what I saw there, and felt enormously invigorated by that swim. I returned to my tent feeling like a new man.
The enormous Palm trees with their coconuts stretched along a long white beach. I had never experienced anything like this before. I felt like some sort of castaway in that lush tropical setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment